The FFA is pleased to introduce a range of new and exciting self-paced
Postgraduate programmes, which are being offered in blended mode. This means that they are now
widely available for all professionals in the Region who wish to pursue such programmes, and which
can be done in the comfort and safety of their homes or offices. Persons no longer have to come to
Trinidad to do a Master’s degree in agriculture and food!
The St. Vincent and the Grenadines Community College (SVGCC) has partnered with the University of the West Indies (UWI) Cave Hill Campus – Faculty of Medical Sciences to offer Vincentians an opportunity to pursue a Masters in Nursing (MScN) locally through the SVGCC’s Division of Nursing Education (DNE).
The programme, which intends to welcome its first cohort in September 2021, targets registered general and psychiatric trained nurses who have at least five years post RN experience.
Director of the SVGCC - Nigel Scott, welcomed the new initiative by reiterating the importance of continued development of St. Vincent and the Grenadines’ human capital. Scott also commented that the partnership is another indication of the UWI’s and the SVGCC’s joint commitment to providing growth opportunities for students and supporting them in their pursuit of excellence as they step into the future. The UWI’s Dr. Wendy Sealy, Programme Coordinator of the MScN programme at the UWI, Cave Hill Campus, echoed similar sentiments by expressing “such collaborations will build the capacity of the staff and students in the various organisations’ departments and serves to enhance the cross-fertilisation of knowledge, expertise and skills.”
Click here for more information.
UWI-USAID Educational Research Scholarship
This call is going out for suitably qualified persons to apply for the UWI-USAID Scholarship for graduate students who are pursuing or who wish to pursue an M.Phil. or Ph.D. in an education-related area. The scholarship is to be tendered in the School of Education with an attachment to the Caribbean Educational Research Centre located in the Faculty of Humanities and Education at The University of the West Indies, Cave Hill.
Click here for details.
In Photo L-R: Michker Edwards (Lecturer), Tiara Providence (Agricultural Science & Entrepreneurship student) and Renato Gumbs (Chief Agricultural Officer Ag.)
Our students will now have an easier time preparing soil for the planting of crops as part for their Associate Degree in Agricultural Science and Entrepreneurship programme. This comes as the Ministry of Agriculture, Land and Fisheries recently donated a Meccanica Benassi RL 408 tiller, valued at $10,500 XCD, to be used in our crop area at our DTVE.
Commenting on the donation, Lecturer Michker Edwards, welcomed the donation as it is important that students be exposed to modern practices in agricultural production and that the college provides as best as possible the necessary foundation in and exposure to such practices. In a field such as agriculture, Edwards stressed the importance of hands-on experience, which she sees as beneficial to the development of student-managed enterprises.
Chief Agricultural Officer (Ag) Renato Gumbs, also committed to donating a 1000 gallon water tank to our agricultural programme, which is expected to be delivered this week.
Tillers are used to loosen compact soil by digging and mixing to allow for the planting of crops.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the post of Dean – Division of Teacher Education of the Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Community College.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants should have:
- At least a Master's degree in Educational Leadership, or any other relevant field;
- At least five years’ experience as a Senior Lecturer at an institution of post-secondary education, or higher.
- A proven record of academic and administrative management with progressive levels of responsibility;
- The ability to promote leadership and vision, and effectively lead collaborative change;
- A demonstrated commitment to student-centered learning, maintaining high academic standards and to promoting an innovative educational environment.
- Strong experience administrative tasks such as budgeting, reporting, planning and development
Duties and Responsibilities
The Dean – Division of Teacher Education at the SVGCC will be mainly responsible for:
- Setting departmental goals and objectives and supervising their attainment
- Strengthening and managing the academic offerings of the Division
- Preparing the Division’s annual budget; manage and monitor the annual budgetary allocation
- Staff recruitment, onboarding, training and development
- Managing staff relations, performance and productivity within the Division
- Monitoring students to ensure satisfaction of graduation requirements
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams in the physical and virtual environments
- Good problem-solving skills
Applicants are advised to request that referees send letters of reference under CONFIDENTIAL cover directly to the HR Manager without waiting to be contacted by the College.
CLOSING DATE for receipt of applications is Thursday June 10, 2021.